- Select Schluter-DILEX-KSN according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of the profile into the mortar and align. The profile must align directly with movement joints in the substrate below.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
- A joint of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 mm - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.