- Select Schluter-QUADEC according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed. If Schluter-QUADEC is to be used as edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first; then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of profile into the mortar and align.
- Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32” (1 mm) lower.
- Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm). With the stainless steel profiles, leave a space of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
- Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
- Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.
Note: The same corner piece can be used to produce a 90° inside corner and a 90° outside corner.
- QUADEC-K may be used to cover assembly edges up to 1/2" (12.5 mm) thick.
- Fill the profile cavity with thin-set mortar.
- Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed.
- Press the profile into the mortar and align. Leave a space of approximately 1/16”-1/8” (1.5 – 3 mm) between the profile and tile.
- Fill joints completely with grout or setting material.
- Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately.
Note: QUADEC-K may also be adhered using KERDI-FIX. Matching inside/outside corners and connectors are available.
Corners/end caps are held in place with thin-set mortar. Fill the ends of the profile with thin-set mortar prior to inserting the accessories. Connectors are held in place with a friction fit. Insert the connector into the profile approximately half the length of the connector piece and connect the adjacent profile.