Schluter®-DIADEC-K is a variant of the DIADEC profile without an anchoring leg. It features an open cavity that is filled with thin-set mortar to secure the profile in the assembly. DIADEC-K is installed in wall applications (e.g., wainscotings and bases) with coverings at least 1/4" (6 mm) thick. The profile is particularly suited for finishing edges in retrofit applications, such as tile installation over existing wall tiles.
Note: The outside corner can be used with any size of the DIADEC profile.
The Schluter®-DIADEC-K profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles periodically using neutral cleaning agents.
1. DIADEC-K may be used to cover assembly edges at least 1/4" (6 mm) thick.
2. Fill the profile cavity with thin-set mortar.
3. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed.
4. Press the profile into the mortar and align. Leave a space of approximately 1/16"-1/8" (1.5 – 3 mm) between the profile and tile.
5. Fill joints completely with grout or setting material.
6. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately.
Note: Corners/end caps are held in place with thin-set mortar. Fill the ends of the profile with thin-set mortar prior to inserting the accessories.
How do I cut profiles?
Schluter™ profiles are available in a variety of different materials , so methods for cutting vary. Below are best practices for cutting according...Read more
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
Tips on Cutting Profiles
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists