Schluter®-JOLLY is a finishing and edge-protection profile for the outside corners of tiled surfaces on walls. The vertical wall section of the profile provides a decorative finish and protects adjacent tiles. Other applications include transitions for dado coverings such as carpet, natural stone, or cold-cured resin coatings.
Schluter®-JOLLY is a finishing and edge-protection profile for the outside corners of tiled surfaces. It features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile, and an 87° sloped vertical wall section that provides a decorative finish and protects adjacent tiles. The profile is available in chrome-plated solid brass, color-coated aluminum, textured color coated aluminum, anodized aluminum and PVC. Schluter®-SCHIENE features the same design as JOLLY and is also available in solid brass, aluminum, and stainless steel. Please see the Schluter®-Systems Illustrated Price List for more details.
The range of available sizes and finishes permits the matching of JOLLY to a wide variety of tile and grout colors and allows many design opportunities through the use of contrasting colors. Other applications include transitions for other coverings such as carpet, natural stone, or cold-cured resin coatings. The integrated joint spacer establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
1. Select the profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed. If the JOLLY profile is to be used as an edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
6. Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
8. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially from aluminum.
The Schluter®-JOLLY profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles periodically using neutral cleaning agents.
Oxidation films on exposed aluminum can be removed by using a conventional polishing agent, but will form again.
In the case of chrome-plated brass, anodized aluminum and color-coated aluminum, do not use abrasive cleaning agents.
Schluter® profiles are available in a variety of different materials, so methods for cutting vary...Read more
JOLLY and SCHIENE feature the same design. SCHIENE is designed to provide edging for tile coverings...Read more