- Schluter-DESIGNLINE may be used with tiles that are 1/4" (6 mm) thick or greater.
- Set tiles up to the area where Schluter-DESIGNLINE is to be installed as a decorative strip. Apply a sufficient amount of thin-set mortar to this area and/or to the back of Schluter-DESIGNLINE to achieve full coverage of the profile. Press the profile into the mortar until its surface is flush with the tile.
- Set the adjacent row of tiles.
- Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm). With the stainless steel profiles, leave a space of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
- Fill joints completely with grout or setting material.
Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials and grouts must be removed immediately, especially from anodized aluminum surfaces.