Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD-U is a U-shaped panel used to create pipe or column coverings.
The panels feature V-shaped grooves and are shipped in a space-saving flat design, which makes them easy to store. The flat panels are also quick to cut to the necessary dimensions. Thin-set mortar, Schluter®-KERDI-FIX adhesive, or double-sided adhesive tape is applied to the V-grooves. The panels are then folded prior to installation.
The KERDI-BOARD-U should be stored flat. In case of outdoor storage, protect the material from direct sunlight and weather exposure.
1. The KERDI-BOARD-U U-shaped panel allows for quick and easy covering of pipes and columns.
2. The panel features V-shaped grooves. It is supplied flat, which makes them easy to cut to the required size.
3. Apply thin-set mortar, KERDI-FIX adhesive, or the KERDI-BOARD-ZDK double-sided adhesive tape to the V-shaped grooves. Fold the panel prior to installation.
4. Adhere the edges of the U-shaped panel to the existing walls using either thin-set mortar or KERDI-FIX. If required, mount the KERDI-BOARD-ZW angle profile on the wall area first for reinforcement.
5. The tiles can be installed immediately using Schluter-SET, Schluter-ALL-SET, Schluter-FAST-SET, or unmodified thin-set mortar. Choose a notched trowel to match the tile format, and back-butter the tiles, if necessary, to attain full coverage.
Note: As an alternative, you can also cut a single U-shaped panel into two L-shaped panels with shorter legs.
Note: See section “Waterproofing” on the use of KERDI-BOARD in bonded waterproofing assemblies.
How long do I have to wait before I can install tile on Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD?
For most installations of KERDI-BOARD, tile can be installed right away. Exceptions include curved wall areas and non-bearing...Read more
Can I install glass tile over Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD?
Glass tiles are unique products and may require special consideration. Please call Schluter®-Systems...Read more
Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD: Pipe & Column Coverings
Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD: Product Overview: Panels, Profiles & Accessories
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists