Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD-V is a vertically grooved substrate and building panel for creating curved elements. If a larger expanse of panels is required, several panels can be connected along the edges with thin-set mortar, Schluter®-KERDI-FIX adhesive, or double-sided adhesive tape.
The KERDI-BOARD-V should be stored flat. In case of outdoor storage, protect the material from direct sunlight and weather exposure.
1. The Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD-V panels feature grooves to allow for quick and easy creation of curved elements.
2. First, cut the panels to the required size. If a larger expanse of panels is required, several panels can be connected along the edges with thin-set mortar, Schluter®-KERDI-FIX adhesive, or the KERDI-BOARD-ZDK double-sided adhesive tape.
3. If the grooved surface points toward the inside, it is recommended that the grooves be filled with thin-set mortar prior to panel installation.
4. Outward-facing grooves should be filled with thin-set mortar prior to or during the tile installation.
5. The tiles can be installed using Schluter-SET, Schluter-ALL-SET, Schluter-FAST-SET, or unmodified thin-set mortar once the bonding materials used to construct the element have cured sufficiently to stabilize the assembly. Choose a notched trowel to match the tile format, and back-butter the tiles, if necessary, to attain full coverage.
Note: See section “Waterproofing” on the use of KERDI-BOARD in bonded waterproofing assemblies.
How long do I have to wait before I can install tile on Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD?
For most installations of KERDI-BOARD, tile can be installed right away. Exceptions include curved wall areas and non-bearing...Read more
Can I install glass tile over Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD?
Glass tiles are unique products and may require special consideration. Please call Schluter®-Systems...Read more
Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD: Product Overview: Panels, Profiles & Accessories
Mike Holmes on Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD
Tips & Tricks All About Design on Schluter®-KERDI-BOARD-V
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists