Schluter®-DILEX-AHK features a single trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg, which is secured in the mortar bond coat and a cove section that forms the visible surface. The profile’s 3/8" (10 mm) radius makes DILEX-AHK an attractive option for countertop/backsplash transitions, as it prevents the accumulation of dirt and makes cleaning simple. The profile separates tile fields that meet at inside corners where limited movement is expected. DILEX-AHK prevents surface water penetration and meets the maintenance and hygienic requirements of commercial kitchens, bathrooms, and food-processing plants, or any tiled environment where a sanitary cove base is desired. DILEX-AHK is available in anodized aluminum and color-coated aluminum. Accessories for DILEX-AHK include: inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps. Outside corners to integrate with Schluter®-QUADEC are available for DILEX-AHK only.
DILEX- AHK requires no special maintenance or care and are resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents. In the case of anodized aluminum and color-coated aluminum do not use abrasive cleaning agents.
1. Select profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where the trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg(s) of the profile into the mortar. Note: Install inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps prior to setting tile. The use of thin-set mortar or similar may be required to achieve a proper fit.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar where the tiles are to be installed.
5. Solidly embed the tiles, ensuring full coverage and support of the tile edges, and align flush with the top of the profile. Set tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
6. Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
How do I cut profiles?
Schluter™ profiles are available in a variety of different materials , so methods for cutting vary. Below are best practices for cutting according...Read more
The tile I’ve chosen for my floor doesn’t have a matching cove base available. I’d rather not select another tile. Do you have any solutions?
Yes. Schluter-Systems offers various profiles that allow the user to produce a finished tile base with a cove...Read more
How to install a cove-shaped profile: Schluter®-DILEX-AHK profile
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists