Schluter®-DILEX-EKE features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of recycled rigid PVC, which are secured in the mortar bond coat. The profile separates tile fields that meet at inside corners and accommodates movement via the 3/16" (5 mm)-wide soft chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) movement zone, which forms the visible surface and creates a discrete, uniform joint. DILEX-EKE prevents surface water penetration and features a tile pocket that hides cut tile edges. In addition, it prevents sound bridges, making it ideal for floor/wall transitions in sound-rated floors.
DILEX-EKE requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents.
1. Select profile according to tile thickness and format, for DILEX-EKE “U”, must allow insertion of the tile into the tile pocket; for example, select “U 9” for a tile thickness of approx. 5/9" (9 mm).
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where the trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg(s) of the profile into the mortar.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar where the tiles are to be installed.
5. Insert floor tile into the tile pocket.
6. Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
How to install a corner movement joint in tile: Schluter®-DILEX-EKE
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists
Movement Joint Profiles / Perimeter JointsSchluter®-DILEX-BWA
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-RONDEC
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-QUADEC
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-JOLLY