Schluter®-DILEX-HKS features a soft, thermoplastic rubber movement zone that is attached to the profile via rigid rubber grip bars to absorb larger movements at floor/wall transitions and at inside wall corners. DILEX-HKS prevent surface water penetration and meet the maintenance and hygienic requirements of commercial kitchens, bathrooms, food-processing plants, and hospitals, or any tiled environment where a sanitary cove base is desired. Accessories for both DILEX-HKS include: inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps. Also available by special order are 90° outside corners with 6” (150 mm) pre-cut profile sections.
DILEX-HKS requires no special maintenance or care and are resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents. Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric acid, hydrofluoric acid, and chlorides. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent. The thermoplastic rubber inserts in DILEX-HKS are replaceable.
1. Select profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where the trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg(s) of the profile into the mortar.
Note: Install inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps prior to setting tile. DILEX- HKS accessories are applied using a permanently elastic, waterproof adhesive (e.g., KERDI-FIX or silicone). Prior to application, any contact-inhibiting substances (e.g., grease, etc.) must be removed. The connectors should overlap the profiles by at least 3/8" (10 mm).
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar where the tiles are to be installed.
5. Solidly embed the tiles, ensuring full coverage and support of the tile edges, and align flush with the top of the profile, leaving a joint of approximately 1/16" – 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm) between the tile and the profile.
6. Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
How to install a cove-shaped profile: Schluter®-DILEX-HKS profile
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists
Movement Joint Profiles / Inside Corner Movement JointsSchluter®-DILEX-BTO
Movement Joint Profiles / Surface & Expansion JointsSchluter®-DILEX-KSN