Schluter®-DILEX-HKW features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of recycled rigid PVC, which are secured in the mortar bond coat, and a rigid PVC cove section that accommodates minor movements and forms the visible surface. The profile’s 11/16" (18 mm) radius prevents the accumulation of dirt and makes cleaning simple. The profile separates tile fields that meet at inside corners where limited movement is expected. DILEX-HKW prevents surface water penetration and meets the maintenance and hygienic requirements of commercial kitchens, bathrooms, and food-processing plants, or any tiled environment where a sanitary cove base is desired. DILEX-HKW features anchoring legs with equal “U” dimensions and is, therefore, ideal for floor/wall transitions where floor and wall tiles are the same thickness. Accessories for the DILEX-HKW include: inside and outside corners, and end caps.
DILEX-HKW requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents.
1. Select profile according to the tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where the trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs will be placed.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg(s) of the profile into the mortar.
Note: Install inside and outside corners, connectors, and end caps prior to setting tile. The use of thin-set mortar or similar may be required to achieve a proper fit.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar where the tiles are to be installed.
5. Solidly embed the tiles, ensuring full coverage and support of the tile edges, and align flush with the top of the profile, leaving a joint of approximately 1/16" – 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm) between the tile and the profile.
6. Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
The tile I’ve chosen for my floor doesn’t have a matching cove base available. I’d rather not select another tile. Do you have any solutions?
Yes. Schluter-Systems offers various profiles that allow the user to produce a finished tile base with a cove...Read more
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists