Schluter®-RONDEC-CT is a sink rail profile for countertops that have been fitted with a ceramic or stone tile covering. The face of the profile features a recessed section with dovetailed grooves to which field or accent tile is bonded, thus eliminating the need for ceramic trim.
Recommended products based on your specifications
Schluter®-RONDEC-CT is a double-rail edging profile for countertops to be fitted with a ceramic or dimension stone tile covering. The profile features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile, while the face of the profile features a recessed section with dovetailed grooves to which field or accent tile is bonded. The top and bottom edges of the profile are symmetrically rounded (1/4" - 6 mm radius) and match the RONDEC profile. The 1-1/2" (39 mm) vertical leg of the profile hides the exposed edge of the sub-assembly. The integrated joint spacer establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
The profile is available in anodized aluminum and color-coated aluminum with various surface finishes allowing for decorative design and interesting accents. Matching inside and outside corners are available.
1. Select the profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
6. Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. To set tile along the face of RONDEC-CT, apply thin-set mortar to the back of the tile using a margin trowel. Press the back-buttered tiles into the face of the profile, making sure to force thin-set mortar fully into the dovetailed grooves. The tiled surface should be flush with the outer edge of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower. Note: The recessed face accepts tile widths up to 1-1/8" (29 mm).
8. Fill joints completely with grout or setting material.
9. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially from aluminum.
Note: Matching corners are available for the RONDEC-CT.
The Schluter®-RONDEC-CT profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles periodically using neutral cleaning agents.
In the case of anodized aluminum and textured color-coated aluminum do not use abrasive cleaning agents.
Schluter® profiles are available in a variety of different materials, so methods for cutting vary...Read more