Schluter®-RONDEC-STEP is a finishing and edging profile for ceramic tile and dimension stone installations on countertops and stairs. The top of the profile features a symmetrically rounded edge that matches the RONDEC profile, while the vertical leg of the profile hides the exposed edge of the sub-assembly.
Recommended products based on your specifications
Schluter®-RONDEC-STEP is a finishing and edging profile for ceramic tile and dimension stone installations on countertops and stairs. The profile features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg, which is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile. The top of the profile features a symmetrically rounded edge with 1/4" (6 mm) radius, which matches the RONDEC profile, while the vertical leg of the profile hides the exposed edge of the subassembly. In addition, the profile effectively protects tiles in the edge area from mechanical and impact stresses. The integrated joint spacer establishes a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
RONDEC-STEP is suitable for residential applications, e.g., stairs not exposed to heavy traffic, and countertops. RONDEC-STEP is available in two different vertical leg lengths, 1-1/2" (39 mm) and 2-1/4" (57 mm), to cover the edge of the sub-assembly. The profile is selected according to the appropriate tile (H) and sub-assembly (A) thicknesses.
The profile is available in anodized aluminum with various finishes to allow for decorative design and interesting accents. Matching corners for the RONDEC-STEP are available.
1. Select the profile according to the tile thickness and format and the subassembly thickness.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
6. Set the tile to the integrated joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. Fill joints completely with grout or setting material.
8. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially from aluminum.
Note: Matching corners are available for RONDEC-STEP. The corners are held in place with thin-set mortar. Fill the ends of the profile with thin-set mortar prior to inserting the accessories.
The Schluter®-RONDEC-STEP profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles periodically using neutral cleaning agents. In the case of anodized aluminum do not use abrasive cleaning agents.
Schluter® profiles are available in a variety of different materials, so methods for cutting vary...Read more