Schluter®-TREP-SE, TREP-S and TREP-B are designed to protect tiled stair edges and provide an easily visible, slip-resistant wear surface for durable, safe, and visually appealing stair-nosing design.
Recommended products based on your specifications
Schluter®-TREP-SE, Schluter®-TREP-S and Schluter®-TREP-B are designed to protect tiled stair edges and provide an easily visible, slipresistant wear surface for durable, safe, and visually appealing stair-nosing design. They are suitable for use in areas subjected to heavy foot-traffic, such as offices or public buildings.
The profiles feature a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg made of stainless steel (TREP-SE) or aluminum (TREP-S and TREP-B), which is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile and supports a slip-resistant thermoplastic rubber wear surface. The tread surface of TREP-SE/-S/-B is available in a variety of colors and can be replaced in case of damage or wear.
TREP-B features a 2-1/8" (52 mm)-wide wear surface, allowing the designer to easily produce stairs with the first and last steps marked by a 2" (50 mm)- wide strip in a contrasting color to increase visibility and safety.
The leading edges of TREP-S, TREP-SE and TREP-B have a 5/16" (8 mm) radius. Matching end caps are available.
1. Select profile according to the tile thickness and format.
2. Install riser tile flush with the stair tread surface.
3. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar along edge area above riser.
4. Fill the cavity on the underside of the profile with thin-set mortar.
5. Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the thin-set mortar, making sure the front edge of the support section is aligned flush with the riser tile. Full coverage must be obtained at the edge area to ensure support of the tile.
6. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg and the stair tread surface to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
7. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile.
8. A joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
9. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
The Schluter®-TREP-SE and Schluter® TREP-S and Schluter® TREP-B stair nosing profiles require no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles periodically using neutral cleaning agents. The treads of TREP-SE, TREP-S. and TREP-B can be replaced in case of damage or wear.
The treads of TREP-SE, TREP-S, and TREP-B can be replaced in case of damage or wear.
Schluter® profiles are available in a variety of different materials, so methods for cutting vary...Read more