Schluter®-RONDEC-DB, an anodized aluminum, decorative profile for wall and skirting edges, protects the surface covering from mechanical or impact stresses. The profile features a trapezoid perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile and a pronounced visible surface that establishes a clean line along tile edges and allows for decorative design.
RONDEC-DB can also be used as a finishing profile within wall surfaces; for example, where other covering materials such as plaster, wallpaper, or tiles are to be joined.
The Schluter®-RONDEC-DB profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles periodically using neutral cleaning agents.
In the case of anodized aluminum do not use abrasive cleaning agents.
1. RONDEC-DB can be used with tiles 1/4" - 1/2" (6 -12.5 mm).
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where profile is to be placed. If the RONDEC-DB profile is to be used as edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first; then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles. Note: RONDEC-DB is intended to be higher than the tiled surface.
6. Set the tile, leaving a space for grout of approximately 1/16" – 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
8. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially from aluminum.
How do I cut profiles?
Schluter™ profiles are available in a variety of different materials , so methods for cutting vary. Below are best practices for cutting according...Read more
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-RONDEC
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-QUADEC
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-QUADEC-K
For Stairs / Cover the Sub-AssemblySchluter®-SCHIENE-STEP
For Walls / Edging & Outside Wall CornersSchluter®-JOLLY
For Walls / DecorativeSchluter®-DESIGNLINE