Schluter®-DECO-DE is a stainless steel finishing and edge-protection profile for 135° outside corners for tiled surfaces. It features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg that is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tile and a reveal that forms a flat surface.
The profile is available in stainless steel and brushed stainless steel. DECO-DE allows for modern decorative design and interesting contrasts. In addition to its decorative effect, the profile protects tile edges against damage caused by mechanical stresses.
The Schluter®-DECO-DE profile requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profiles using common household cleaning agents.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid and chlorides. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.
1. Select the profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar to the area where the profile is to be placed. If the DECO-DE profile is to be used as edging for an outside wall corner, finish tiling one wall first; then trowel thin-set mortar over the corner area of the second wall.
3. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
6. Leave a space for grout of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm).
7. Fill the joints completely with grout or setting material.
8. Work with materials and tools that will not scratch or damage sensitive surfaces. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially from aluminum.
How do I cut profiles?
Schluter™ profiles are available in a variety of different materials , so methods for cutting vary. Below are best practices for cutting according...Read more
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists