Schluter®-REMA is the ideal system for creating concealed access panels in tiled wall coverings. REMA’s installation is independent of tile size and thickness and enables exact matching of the access panel to the overall joint design. Thus, panels that access electrical or plumbing components do not impair the visual appearance of the tile covering.
Schluter®-REMA access panel system requires no special maintenance or care.
1. Adhere an aluminum bracket to the back of each perimeter tile with thin-set mortar so that the magnet extends beyond the tile’s edge.
2. Set tiles, with magnets attached, as perimeter limits, so that four magnets extend into the access opening.
3. To form the access panel cover, connect the corresponding number of panel cover tiles by attaching a tile to their backs with thin-set mortar.
4. Using KERDI-FIX, silicone, or a similar adhesive, adhere the counterplates to the back of the panel cover in alignment with the perimeter magnets.
5. After the adhesive has cured, install the cover and seal the surrounding joint with a color-coordinated sealing compound.
Note: If the access opening is substantially larger than 12" x 12" (30 x 30 cm), it may be necessary to install two additional magnets.