Schluter®-DILEX-AS features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg, made of rigid PVC, which is secured in the mortar bond coat beneath the tiles, and a flexible joining leg with self-adhesive tape to bond the profile to fixed building elements. The profile isolates the tile covering from the fixed building element and accommodates movement via the flexible joining leg, which also forms the visible surface. The profile does not replace waterproofing. Required waterproofing must be installed prior to the installation of the profile. DILEX-AS also prevents sound bridges, making it ideal for transitions in sound-rated floors. Accessories include matching end caps and inside corners.
Note: DILEX-AS is suitable for tiles 3/16" to 3/8" (4 mm - 10 mm) thick.
DILEX-AS profile require no special maintenance or care and are resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using neutral cleaning agents.
1. Thoroughly clean the contact area on adjoining fixtures where DILEX-AS will be positioned.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply the thin-set mortar over the area where the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg will be placed.
3. Remove the paper from the self-adhesive tape. Apply Schluter®-KERDI-FIX or silicone sealant parallel and adjacent to self-adhesive tape. Press the profile with self-adhesive tape against the fixture in such a way that the perforated anchoring leg can also be pressed into the applied thin-set mortar.
4. Install inside corners and end caps with KERDI-FIX or silicone prior to setting tiles.
5. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
6. A joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
7. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists