Schluter®-DILEX-BWA features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg, made of recycled rigid PVC, which is secured in the mortar bond coat, and a dovetailed channel, made of recycled rigid PVC, which can be bonded to fixed building elements (e.g., door and window frames, bathtubs and shower trays, countertops, etc.) using Schluter®-KERDI-FIX, epoxy resin, silicone, tile adhesive, etc. The profile isolates the tile covering from the structure and accommodates movement via the 3/16” (5 mm)-wide soft chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) movement zone, which also forms the visible surface. The lower CPE movement zone is slit to maximize the absorption of movement. DILEX-BWA also prevents sound bridges, making it ideal for transitions in sound-rated floors.
DILEX-BWA requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents.
1. Select profile according to tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where the profile is to be placed.
3. If necessary, fill the dovetailed channel of DILEX-BWA with KERDI-FIX, epoxy resin, silicone, or similar to adhere the profile to the existing structure.
4. Press the perforated anchoring leg of the profile into the mortar and adjust it securely against the existing building elements.
5. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
6. Solidly embed the tiles and align flush with the top of the profile.
7. A joint of approx. 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
8. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists