Schluter®-DILEX-BWB features trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs, made of recycled rigid PVC, which are secured in the mortar bond coat and provide edge protection for adjacent tiles. The profile separates individual fields in the tile covering and accommodates movement via the soft chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) movement zone, which also forms the visible surface. The movement zone is 3/8" (10 mm) wide, matching common movement joint widths, and is thus capable of accommodating relatively large movements. DILEX-BWB is suitable for both residential use and medium-duty commercial applications subject to light mechanical loads (e.g., offices or stores).
DILEX-BWB requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean profile using common household cleaning agents.
1. Select the profile according to the tile thickness and format.
2. Using a notched trowel, apply thin-set mortar over the area where the profile is to be placed. The profile must align directly with movement joints in the substrate below.
3. Press the perforated anchoring legs of the profile into the mortar and align.
4. Trowel additional thin-set mortar over the perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage and support of the tile edges.
5. Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1/32" (1 mm) lower.
6. A joint of approximately 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5 - 3 mm) should be left between the tile and the profile.
7. Fill the joint completely with grout or setting material.
How do I cut profiles?
Schluter™ profiles are available in a variety of different materials , so methods for cutting vary. Below are best practices for cutting according...Read more
Introduction to Schluter® Profiles
How to choose the appropriate profile size in relation to your tile
Best practices for cutting Schluter®-Systems Profiles
Maintenance for Schluter® Shower Drains & Schluter® Profiles
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists
Movement Joint Profiles / Surface & Expansion JointsSchluter®-DILEX-BWS
Movement Joint Profiles / Perimeter JointsSchluter®-DILEX-BWA