Schluter®-SHELF-W is a wall storage system available in brushed stainless steel or aluminum in a range of textured color-coated finishes including stone grey, cream, greige, bronze, matte black, and matte white. The shelves are 5/32″ (4 mm) -thick and feature designs coordinating with the KERDI-DRAIN and KERDI-LINE drain grates. They can be used in showers and other tiled wall applications (e.g., kitchens and baths). SHELF-W is a rectangular shelf with two trapezoid-perforated anchoring legs for installation on walls in conjunction with the tile.
Schluter®-SHELF-W requires no special maintenance or care and is resistant to mold and fungi. Clean shelves periodically using neutral cleaning agents. Avoid the use of strong acids (e.g., hydrochloric, hydrofluoric) and bases/alkaline cleaners (e.g., bleach, ammonia, chlorides). Do not use abrasive cleaning agents and tools. Even stainless steel requires periodic cleaning, which will maintain a neat appearance and reduce the risk of corrosion. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome-polishing agent.
Surface - installation in conjunction with tile
1. If the grout joint is less than 5/32″ (4 mm) –thick the tiles must be notched to fit the SHELF-W. Placing the notch in the tiles below the SHELF-W will result in a visually appealing, even line above.
2. Install the tile up to the joint where the SHELF-W will be placed and slide the bottom anchoring leg behind the tile. Provide temporary support as required.
3. Install the remainder of the tile and grout the application.
4. After the grout has set, seal the joint between the SHELF-W and the wall tile on the top and bottom surfaces with sealant that is suitable for the application (e.g., silicone.)
5. Allow the sealant to cure prior to using the SHELF-W.
Is there a minimum tile format for applications using the SHELF-W wall shelves?
No, applications using SHELF-W do not require a minimum tile format...Read more
What is the maximum load rating for the different shelves? Can I use a SHELF as a foot support while I’m shaving my legs in the shower?
We have designed and tested the shelves to ensure that they are suitable for the intended use...Read more
Can I install multiple SHELF-W wall shelves in a row to extend the length?
In general this can be done. It is recommended to install...Read more
How do I care for my SHELF?
Schluter®-SHELF doesn’t require any special maintenance...Read more
Do I have to apply sealant at the shelf-to-wall transitions or can I use grout instead?
The use of sealant at these transitions is required for two purposes. First, the material actually seals...Read more
Schluter®-SHELF New Designs in TRENDLINE!
How to install the Schluter®-SHELF-W
Find some existing tutorials and project documentation videos to learn how-to get the best out of our products - for more fun in your life, start now!Watch more videos / playlists
Accessories / ShelvesSchluter®-SHELF-N
Accessories / ShelvesSchluter®-SHELF-E